Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default a/c compressor burned out?

Richard J Kinch writes:

CJT writes:

Well, you actually can put pounds of air in tires.

Now you are mistaking a pound as a unit of mass, when it is a unit of
force.

And I'm guessing you don't get laid much. Sorry just stumbled on this
thread and had to laugh. I mean, geeze guys, if your start brokering
in pedantry, at least be right. CJT was quite accurate in his nerdy
foray into units, and didn't really need Rich's further intellectual
masturbation trying to correct that which didn't need it.

So on a practical note, Rich, unless you know of any air compressors
for filling automobile tires in places with a different gravitational
constant than what we have here on earth, there is a rather well
defined relationship between a pound as a unit of force and the
corresponding mass. But yes, we're all impressed you know the
difference. And if you go down to 3 significant figures and start
waxing about differences in that constant based on elevation or
something, I'll have to ask you to give yourself a wedgie and flush
your own head in the toilet.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.