Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Interesting woodworker's market niche...

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Dhakala" wrote

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

I talked to a guy at a computer show once who made good money painting
computer cases. Decorators would call him because many women objected to
the "icky" computer cases. Seems that they clashed with the decor.

These wooden cases cost a lot more than he charged. I wonder how well
they would handle heat or a big load. I don't think, even for the big
bucks, that you would get a high performance computer.

It doesn't get much more high performance than an Athlon 64 4800+ and
Geforce 7900, at least not unless you're talking high-end servers. Further,
they're liquid cooled--they should handle any load you put on them.

Must be the same folks who go to great lengths to cover up any evidence of
a big screen TV or audio equipment.

I am impressed by the high tech looks of some of the gaming computers. At
least with those computers, you are paying for actual performance. Which
is more impressive to me than "purty".

But I do admit, the workmanship is outstanding. And it looks good.