Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Interesting woodworker's market niche...

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dhakala wrote:
Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

now thats innovation! What outstanding workmanship.

Troy
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Troy" wrote in message
Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

now thats innovation! What outstanding workmanship.

Of course, what do you expect from a Canadian?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Troy" wrote in message
Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

now thats innovation! What outstanding workmanship.

Of course, what do you expect from a Canadian?

If you guys would just learn how to cook, you would be perfection
personified.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/01/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dhakala" wrote

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

I talked to a guy at a computer show once who made good money painting
computer cases. Decorators would call him because many women objected to the
"icky" computer cases. Seems that they clashed with the decor.

These wooden cases cost a lot more than he charged. I wonder how well they
would handle heat or a big load. I don't think, even for the big bucks, that
you would get a high performance computer.

Must be the same folks who go to great lengths to cover up any evidence of a
big screen TV or audio equipment.

I am impressed by the high tech looks of some of the gaming computers. At
least with those computers, you are paying for actual performance. Which is
more impressive to me than "purty".

But I do admit, the workmanship is outstanding. And it looks good.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:19:28 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Dhakala" wrote

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

I talked to a guy at a computer show once who made good money painting
computer cases. Decorators would call him because many women objected to the
"icky" computer cases. Seems that they clashed with the decor.

Venting is the answer to heat, most CPUs will put out at about 50 to
60 degrees C with cooling fan, providing enough CFM to allow things
not to over heat is important. There are some liquid coolers
availble, but the power supply actually would be the biggest heat
source. Metal shield with in the case to cut down on RF interference
might account for a bit of the price. But I think one could build one
hell of a computer desk for the minimum price.

But I do admit, the workmanship is outstanding. And it looks good.

Wish I could tell how well engineered they are but thats a hand on
thing for myself. But they are purty.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Dhakala" wrote

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

I talked to a guy at a computer show once who made good money painting
computer cases. Decorators would call him because many women objected to
the "icky" computer cases. Seems that they clashed with the decor.

These wooden cases cost a lot more than he charged. I wonder how well
they would handle heat or a big load. I don't think, even for the big
bucks, that you would get a high performance computer.

It doesn't get much more high performance than an Athlon 64 4800+ and
Geforce 7900, at least not unless you're talking high-end servers. Further,
they're liquid cooled--they should handle any load you put on them.