Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,sci.chem,uk.d-i-y
Cub Cub is offline

Default Which solvent to dilute Tippex?

"Andy" wrote in message
I am in the UK. I think Tippex is not available in the US.

These days correction fluids like Tippex seem to have been reformulated
compared to several years ago.

I think the old chemicals used were too hazardous and the dilution fluid
for them was something hazardous like 1,1,1 trichloroethylene.

----

I have some new style Tippex Rapid and it has started to thicken.
See http://tinyurl.com/qyht6

What household solvent can I use to dilute it?

(1) Isopropyl alcohol doesn't do it.
(2) Acetone didn't seem to work.
(3) I think ethyl acetate (nail polish remover) might have worked
although it was getting hard to tell after 1 and 2. But it smells
hazardous.

What can be used?

PS: Note that the other Tippex correction fluid is Tippex Aqua.
See http://tinyurl.com/rpwz9

Got to ask but why dilute ?