Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rob offers his apologies.

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:28:24 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Barnett
wrote:

(Doug Miller) writes:

OK, if he *has* ever claimed to be without fault, cite it.

I remember TV interviews where Bush said that he didn't make any mistakes
in Iraq. I think that recently he now admits he made some small
mistakes.

Well, given the fact that to answer that question, as phrased would have
been the equivalent to answering, "so, when did you stop beating your
wife?" There was no correct answer to the question. Had he made some
comment regarding mistakes, the headlines the next weeks would have read,
"Bush Admits Huge Mistakes in Iraq! War a Blunder!". It was just the
sharks trolling for red meat, they weren't serious about finding problems
and fixing them, only finding another way to bring scorn upon the
administration. This 24/7 carping since 2000 has gotten way old, it's
pretty obvious the other side and their accomplices in the media don't give
a flyin' flip about the safety or security of this country, their whole
reason for being is to find the next thing to chink away at the
administration. It's not even subtle anymore. The good news is that the
more they do it, the more obvious it is that the safety of this country can
in no way be trusted to the opposition party.