Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan HeatMan is offline

Default Troubleshooting A/C

"HeyBub" wrote in message
All,

Just wondering if someone out there could toss me a few ideas as to
what might be up with our air conditioning system.

We have a 3 thermostat home (a zoned system). The master bedroom is
always getting colder than the other rooms. Our electric bills have
been in the 500 hundred dollar range so this problem is starting to
hurt our wallet. I recently replaced the thermostat in our master
room and that has not helped at all. The master bedroom still gets
real cold (even when I have turned that thermostat off). So, I
turned off all the thermostats in the house and it got hot. So then
what I did was went upstairs and turned on only that thermostat - my
master bedroom is cold again.

So, what could the problem be? My wife and I are clueless but our
theory was that since we only have 1 physical a/c unit outside there
has to be a distribution center upstairs that divides where air is
going to the 3 different zones in our home. Maybe one of the doors is
stuck open. So, when the upstairs is cooling, its not only cooling
off that room (which is natually hotter since its an upstairs type
bonus room) as opposed to our master bedroom which is on the first
floor. Does our theory make any sense? Please help

Chuck

Window A/C. I bought one - for just the bedroom - two years ago at

Walmart.
My AC bill dropped from $240/month to $70. Why cool the whole (or a large
part) of the house for eight hours while you sleep?

Window shakers can be noisy. That's my complaint.