Posted to rec.woodworking
Clint Clint is offline

Default Sawing big wood by hand

Better watch out. You do that enough times, and your upper body will get
lopsided and you'll walk funny leaning to the right.

Congrats on that anyway. You still won't catch me trying that. I've got a
non-sweating reputation to maintain.

On the plus side, I'm sure the sky in Buenos Aires would be wonderful to
look at, as you lay on your back on your balcony. I'd just rather do it
because I drank too many wobbly-pops.

Clint

"nautilus" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there!

Thanks so much for all the answers! Finally, I did it! I have a 24"
crosscut saw, and it took me about 1:15 to do the cut... and I'm happy
with that. My fingers are shaking a bit while I'm writing, but at least
I didn't end up looking at the sky on my yard!!! :-D

Actually.. it was not on my yard.. but instead in my small balcony. I
live in the 4th floor, in an aparment in down town Buenos Aires. As I
said I love hand tools, but besides that, this is my only choice for
now, if I would like to start sawing from rough lumber.. For planning I
have a small bench, mounted on my kitchen, for shaving with the no 7!

The cedar is southamerican cedar, from north Argentina. It's a soft
wood.. and now you have me thinking about the maple thing... I think
I'll probably need to try that someday ;-)

Thanks to everyone!
Mariano