Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Correct CT-100 crimping

In message , Andy Wade
writes
Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at
their CT100 tool.

The best answer is to ask the connector manufacturer (or vendor) who
_should_ know. Typically though the answer will tend to be either
0.324 in. (~8.2 mm) or 0.360 in. (~9.1 mm), the former being common for
the cheaper crimp F plugs and the latter for the better quality ones
(e.g. Cabelcon).

Seconded, I have a Cablecon ratchet crimp tool in front of me and it has
two sizes 0.360" and 0.475" the smaller being for F type crimp plugs
Webro part No 55CC100-INT-F Cablecon No WF100/H109F which can be
obtained from Webro.com
Take a look at their online catalogue where they list the plugs and the
crimp tool, their F connector insertion tool is well worth having too.
When fitting the F plug to the coax it is necessary to push / screw the
back of the plug onto the coax which can take a bit of effort, this tool
gives you a very firm grip of the plug without damaging it.
--
Bill