Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Riyobi weed whacker

Derek Lawler, 10/3/2006, 10:45:01 AM,
wrote:

Any time I want to use this 2 cycle engine I have to take off the
cover and adjust the needle valves, clean the spark plug, change the
choke and other settings and pull like crazy till it starts. Then it
will run for a while and just quit, dropping down from top speed to a
stall. Sometimes it will start again but this machine has me totally
frustrated. My ten year old Murray lawn mower starts every time and
needs little attention. What is the trick to keeping the weed wacker
running? Thanks, if you can give me some advice.
Derek , Pompano Beach, Fl

I have no problem with mine other than trying to install string. Do
you use the choke system? This is what I do:
1. Prime engine by pushing bulb 3-4 times
2. Close choke and pull starter until you feel it trying to start.
3. Put choke in half open position and start.
4. Open choke completely after ~1 minute of operation.

So far this trimmer has been reliable for me after 8 years of use.