Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Barnett Bruce Barnett is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

(Doug Miller) writes:

OK, if he *has* ever claimed to be without fault, cite it.

But one question for which Bush was evidently not prepared invited him
to name his biggest mistake since 9/11.

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I
could plan for it," Bush joked before taking a long pause.

"I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this
press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with
answer, but it hadn't yet."

Then came a meandering soliloquy that wandered from an affirmation of
his decisions to invade Afghanistan and Iraq to his firm belief that
former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass
destruction and the discovery of mustard gas on a turkey farm in
Libya.

"I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I
have. I just haven't. You just put me under the spot here, and maybe
I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one,"
Bush concluded.

- April 13th, 2004

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe
and what believe I -- I believe what I believe is right." Rome, Italy,
July 22, 2001.

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."
to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004.