Posted to alt.home.repair
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default Wall Dimmer Switch Anomaly?

My son recently replaced two wall on-off switches with
dimmer switches, new from Home Depot or Lowe's, for me.
They work fine and control incandescent lights. He
discovered, however, that even when completely off about
48-50 volts still flow through the new dimmer switches -
both of them.

We are both puzzled. We assumed that off would mean zero
volts. If this is normal isn't it a safety hazard?

Any insight appreciated.

--
CWLee