Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Toilet inlet valve

On 02/10/2006 17:39 Broadback wrote:

Hm, not too happy with mine. After flushing the cistern is prone to
overflow. It matters not how I adjust the float, the problem is the
valve does not always close properly, the overflow lasts for anything
from a few seconds to several minutes. I've replaced the mechanism once
already, and it is a pain as it means disconnecting the inlet pipe and
removing the whole caboodle from the cistern.

Turn the water off. Take the lid off. Unscrew the large vertically
orientated nut that holds the valve/float height detection assembly to
the top of the water inlet assembly. Behind it will be a rubber washer
with a couple of plastic inserts. Remove it and clear out any debris
that has found its way along the supply pipe.

A couple of bits of solder had found their way into mine (yes, I had
forgotten to install the filter).

HTH.

--
Frank