Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes Rick Hughes is offline

Default Correct CT-100 crimping

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Rick Hughes wrote:

This has a Hex die size of 0.225" (6.48mm) ... and it is mangling the
connectors, assume this die must be too small.

Way too small for any 100 size crimp F I've ever seen.

Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at
their CT100 tool.

The best answer is to ask the connector manufacturer (or vendor) who
_should_ know. Typically though the answer will tend to be either 0.324
in. (~8.2 mm) or 0.360 in. (~9.1 mm), the former being common for the
cheaper crimp F plugs and the latter for the better quality ones (e.g.
Cabelcon).

Andy ... did just that, emailed CPC ... and after 4 days still no reply.
So emailed Vitelec, they replied within 1Hr ...included data sheets ...
turns out correct size for the connector is 0.324" (8.23mm)

the crimp I have shows on the packaging that for this size I should have
the HT-336C2 ... i.e. same tool but with the 336C2 dies fitted.

So far been unable to find a source in UK .... and still can't get CPC to
reply.

All I could get by phoning them was 'send the items back' and we will sell
you a different make which is 3x the price !

Anybody know of a supplier of H Tools in UK ? or the importer ?

Rick