Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem Markem is offline

Default Interesting woodworker's market niche...

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:19:28 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Dhakala" wrote

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

I talked to a guy at a computer show once who made good money painting
computer cases. Decorators would call him because many women objected to the
"icky" computer cases. Seems that they clashed with the decor.

Venting is the answer to heat, most CPUs will put out at about 50 to
60 degrees C with cooling fan, providing enough CFM to allow things
not to over heat is important. There are some liquid coolers
availble, but the power supply actually would be the biggest heat
source. Metal shield with in the case to cut down on RF interference
might account for a bit of the price. But I think one could build one
hell of a computer desk for the minimum price.

But I do admit, the workmanship is outstanding. And it looks good.

Wish I could tell how well engineered they are but thats a hand on
thing for myself. But they are purty.

Mark
(sixoneeight) = 618