Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Interesting woodworker's market niche...

"Dhakala" wrote

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

http://suissacomputers.com/

I talked to a guy at a computer show once who made good money painting
computer cases. Decorators would call him because many women objected to the
"icky" computer cases. Seems that they clashed with the decor.

These wooden cases cost a lot more than he charged. I wonder how well they
would handle heat or a big load. I don't think, even for the big bucks, that
you would get a high performance computer.

Must be the same folks who go to great lengths to cover up any evidence of a
big screen TV or audio equipment.

I am impressed by the high tech looks of some of the gaming computers. At
least with those computers, you are paying for actual performance. Which is
more impressive to me than "purty".

But I do admit, the workmanship is outstanding. And it looks good.