Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default Washer - Whirlpool vs Kenmore

aspasia wrote in message
On 1 Oct 2006 18:56:55 -0700, "larry moe 'n curly"

As I wrote in companion thread "extended warranties - worth it?"
Sears price for lid switch assembly for old Maytag washer was $44.
Same part available on-line through part supplier for $27.

I always thought Sears parts were overpriced, but I checked around for some
parts for our circa-ten-year-old Frigidare dishwasher last month, and Sears
was pretty much the same as most other places I called, actually a little
cheaper than one or two of them.

One of the other places had the items in stock, though, and Sears needed to
order, so I didn't buy from them.

-Tim