Marty Escarcega

Default Small repairs

Gunner wrote in
:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:04:36 GMT, John wrote:

If its a machined surface, I would not touch it.
If its non critical, I wouldn't worry about it. Polish everything

else
up. Its not a brand new machine, it does add some character to it.

:-)

Leave it alone, they're battle scars and as Marty says
it gives it character. For arguments sake say that you
would spend hours to clean that all up somehow and than
*you* put a nick in it: You would feel very bad about it.
If you leave it alone you can say: "Eh, another nick
so what, you can't see the difference" and even smile
when you think: "Good thing that I listened to Marty's
and John's advice and did not waste my time" HTH

When I first started dragging machines home..I was spending a lot of
time restoring them. And not a lot of time using them. When I did
restore a machine, paint etc..I realized that I was probably gonna
ding them..and I did.

It was something that Tnut ( I think) said that finally struck a
chord..something about "**** the paint, fix it good enough to use, and
use the damned thing for making stuff like it was intended".

And now Im having more fun making stuff than piddling around making
them pretty.

Gunner

Yup, I have nearly passed the point of ripping them apart myself, it
takes an awful lot of work...though I try and wipe them down
occassionally and clean them up, oil them down.

Marty