Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default lost chains on my radiators, any alternatives?

I think you meant registers, sheet metal grilles screwed to the
wall with a chain coming out a hole? If they are what I am
thinking about, I'm guessing they are just well stuck with
multiple coats of paint, sheet rock compound?, caulk, etc. Make
sure you have removed the 2 (?) screws. Use a utility knife
around the edge where it meets the wall and get a little mad at
it.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
My son pushed the chains that open up my radiators back in
through the
cover. I can't get to the covers without disconnecting them from
the
wall. They seem to be plastered in. Is there any other way for
me to
retrieve them or use some other kind of makeshift thing to keep
them
open. They can be pushed open from the front through the vents.

With Chain:

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/1971/dscf0554vl3.jpg

Without Chain:

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1480/dscf0555ji5.jpg