Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Driveway Made Of Wood?

Within 20 miles from my house, a road was built between Petrolia and
Sarnia, Ontario.
Entirely made from white oak soaked in creosote, it lasted a long time.
On it, carts with barrels of oil were transported from (what they
claim) the first strike in North America to (one of) the first
refineries owned by Standard Oil aka SO (phoenetically ESSO)
That road, today called (wait for it.........).....Plank road.
Sometimes, when a repair is done, or a sewer is laid, they will often
find remnants of the planks.

When a summer breeze rolls in from SSE, the scent of crude faintly
fills the air. That only happens a couple of times per year.

When the wind comes from SW, one can clearly make out the scent of
sheep, led to the slaughter by their dictator.

October 5 is going to be a big day. God bless all my American friends!

http://www.worldcantwait.org/

....and NO.. I am not some kinda 'lefty', in fact the opposite is
true...but enough is enough.

(I seldom voice my political views, here, or anywhere else...but for
**** sakes WAKE UP!!!)