Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nospamtodd@yahoo.com is offline

Default Washer - Whirlpool vs Kenmore

Tim Fischer wrote:
I know you're just giving an example, but Frigidare and GE are different
manufactures and (as far as I know) never used as different monikers on the
same machine. See my other post in this thread for some actual "same
machine/different name" twins...

GE buys a lot of rebranded models from Frigidaire. The basic GE front
load washer at Home Depot, not the newer one with the black control
panel, is a Frigidaire product rebranded as GE. GE also buys certain
laundry systems from Frigidaire and rebrands them with their own name.
IIRC, there was a time in Maytag's history, pre-Whirlpool, when they
were on strike and their Maytag branded laundry equipment was actually
from GE.