Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Fibreglass repairs

On 2006-10-01 22:21:00 +0100, (Andrew
Gabriel) said:

In article ,
Richard writes:
Is it worth trying to repair a crack roughly 15 mm from the plug hole
in a fibreglass bath?

I've seen various kits of the web which claim to be miraculous! Or
could use car bodywork resin - as in one of the Isopon kits - to fill
the crack?

It only has to last less than a year as the bathroom is due to be
gutted. Thus, waterproofing is the only aim not aesthetic perfection.

I had the same problem due to dropping something in the bath.
I stuck a piece of insulating tape over it. It actually stayed
there quite a bit longer than a year in the end, but never
leaked or came off.

Was it the multipoint that fell in?