Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark246 Mark246 is offline

Default Help, please... Icemaker problem - Please help

wrote:
solenoids fail pretty often, try powering one right from the power line
or check for power at the solenoids........

OK,...
I detached Both tubes from the solenoids to the (Icemaker & Water
dispenser in the front)... Ran water thru them... Both tubes are
clear.
I applied 120V to both solenoids... they do Buzz, but no water gets
thru.
I disassembled the entire plastic assembly with the solenoids and saw
the water path thru the assembly... saw nothing crazy there...
re-assembled it... I applied 120V to both solenoids... they buzz, and
one lets water thru, the other doesn't.
I disassembled the plastic assembly again... re-assembled it with the
solenoids switched places... I applied 120V to both solenoids... they
buzz, but neither one lets water thru.
I disassembled the plastic assembly again... re-assembled it with the
solenoids back in their original positions... I applied 120V to both
solenoids... they buzz, but neither one lets water thru now.
I think I need to replace the entire assembly... yes?

Thanks for your help, people.