Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default ceiling fans, a/c, what's right for me?

On 27 Sep 2006 09:02:10 -0700, wrote:

Lawrence wrote:
wrote:
First up, the facts, which will probably give you a good idea about my
cooling problem:

Unfortunately, portable a/c might not be an
option, as a) I need 24/7 cooling, and b) the exhausts for those are
set up for open windows - and to make thinks worse, I have horizontal
sliding ones.

You can find an AC which will fit in a horizonal window. they are out
there.

If I can only get 1, how will a ceiling fan work out for the other room?

I use my ceiling fans in conjunction with my AC. Keeps us comfortable
higher thermistat settings on the AC.

Another plus, ceiling fans work in the winter time too, to even out
room temps.

BTW, can you tell I like'em?

later,

tom @