Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Washer - Whirlpool vs Kenmore

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 03:09:51 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

Compare prices at Lowes. If considering an extended warratny Lowes is much
cheaper on the service agreements.

Thanks. There's no Lowe's near me, but it might be worth checking
out.

However, Sears offers free delivery and installation. Does Lowe's?

****What does the group think of extended warranties? Worth it?***

Aspasia

aspasia wrote in message
m...
I have to get a new washer. Don't want fancy bells & whistles, just a
washer that does its job; won't crash tomorrow. I don't need extra
capcity.

I looked at a Whirlpool at Sears that I liked, but it's not on special
any more. Salesperson said Kenmore is made by Whirlpool and is on
special.

Questions:

1. If it's made by Whirlpool, why sell it under Sears Kenmore name?

2. Is there a difference in quality between W. and K.?

3. Sorry I don't have a model number, but the Whirlpool I was
looking at is about $395.

After spending ages on-line trying to get comparative info, I'm more
confused than ever.

Any voice-of-experience/repair professional advice out there?

Tx

Aspasia