Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default Inconsistent freezer

possibly, or when you are using it you may be covering the vent that
moves air from the freezer to the fridge side. this will cause it to
freeze over as the fridge side is asking for more cool air and it cools
down the freezer side until it all ices up.

Empresser #124457

The best Games

sharonw wrote:
I have an upright Whirlpool freezer. I heard a terrible noise coming
from it one day and checked it and it was not freezing. I did nothing
(after cleaning out the contents) for about a month and then called a
repairman. He turned it on and it cooled perfectly for about 3 weeks
and then did the same thing. When I check it the lower back part of
the inside of the freezer is frozen with ice but it will eventually
thaw. Only after it has turned off and thawed will it work again for
about 3 weeks and then the same thing again. Could this be the
thermastat?

--
sharonw