Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle Cliff Hartle is offline

Default Rope knot making a loop.

http://www.animatedknots.com/splice/... tedknots.com

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
.. .
When I was a kid, my dad would make a "loop" in the end of our ropes.
This loop would be a handle. The diameter of the loop would typically be
6 or 8 inches. He would "weave" the cut end of the rope back into itself
at the beginning of the loop. When he was done, other than the thickness
of the rope being larger, you couldn't tell where the cut ends had been
woven in.
I've tried googling for an answer, but I get so many hits, I can't wade
through them all. Any one understand what I'm describing and do you have
a name for it, and maybe an explanation on how to do it?
Thanks.
Perry