Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Myers Don Myers is offline

Default Tub to shower conversion

Hello all -
We plan on converting a one-piece fiberglass tub/shower unit into a
shower only. We have received estimates from a local contractor who
proposes to do the conversion using off-the-shelf materials and local
franchises of two companies (BathFitters and Luxury Home Systems) who
specialize in this sort of work. Cost proposals are significantly
higher for the local contractor, which causes us to lean toward using
one of the nation-wide operations. Both BathFitters and Luxury Home
Systems use acrylic for the shower base and walls. Has anyone here
had any direct experience with either of these companies, especially
regarding the quality of their materials? I realize there are going to
be some variables between franchisees, but would appreciate the
benefit of anyone's prior experience. TIA

Don M.