Posted to misc.consumers.house
Gary Slusser Gary Slusser is offline

Default Water Softner

Craig wrote:
Does anyone know if Osmonics/Autotrol DS Series Model 268 Performa are
any good. A couple of my neighbors have them and I've never heard of
this system before. The dealer indicated its performance was similar
to culigans higher end models. Its about the same price as a Culigan
but it sounds like it may be higher quality.

Thanks,
Craig

That control has many parts. The Culligan high end control is basically
a Fleck (2510/2750), and has the one moving part in the water stream
piston design. So does the Clack line of controls that improved on the
design while they are the easiest and least expensive to repair of all
controls. The Autotrol costs me, the dealer, less than a Clack or Fleck
control and IMO that's due them being a better quality control valve.
Better quality being defined as longer service free operation.

Performance..... basically all softeners operate/work the same.

Gary
Quality Water Associates