Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default electrical panel question

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Assuming that's a main panel and not a sub, the neutrals and grounds
connect to the same buss

Would I be losing the advantages of grounded service by doing that. I guess
I was under the impression that the neutral bus and the ground bus are
wholly separate.

I guess I'm wondering if I need to change the panel now if I want to have
the full advantage of 3 prong outlets and grounded service.

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
So now that I've had grounding installed in my house, I'm looking at my
electrical box and I don't see where the ground wire would go.

I won't be doing my own work of course, I'm not knowledgeable enough, but
before I start asking electricians to install new romex and grounded
outlets I would like to know if its even possible with my current breaker
box.

http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P9290048.JPG

That's my box, a GE panel, room for 2 more circuits, given this
arrangement, how would a grounded circuit be run? Would I have to
replace the breaker in order to accomplish this or is it a matter of
connecting the ground to the bus where the neutrals run?