Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default a/c compressor burned out?

AKA Gray Asphalt posted for all of us...

Thank you. It's a real problem for me. Does the idea of a 'booster' make any
sense? It might be a good idea to not replace everything until next year at
the start of the summer season, no? I live in the desert so we still need it
now, though. Really thanks.

I am not in a/c but I know the tech should be able able to diagnose the problem
without the "booster". Have him define exactly what this piece is supposed to
do. I suspect it's to boost his wallet. But it may be what's called a hard
start kit, which should be after a proper diagnoses. NOBODY can tell how much
it will cost because we can't see it, touch it, know it through a screen.
--
Tekkie "There's no such thing as a tool I don't need."