Posted to alt.home.repair

Default a/c compressor burned out?

The newer ones are so much more efficient. They run on CTU, not BTU.
The older ones used tons and tons of BTU. Before that, when they first
came out, they used ATU. They even have some RTU units, which are a
lot more efficient.

Incidentally, a "ton" of cooling is the ammount of energy needed to
convert a ton of ice to water at 32F. Which works out to 12,000 BTU
per hour.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"AKA Gray Asphalt" wrote in message

That's the problem. ACs need Btus in order to work and you must

have run
out. Get a refill and you will be all set.

I thought BTUs was relevant. I guess it's tons. Oh well.