Posted to alt.home.repair
professorpaul professorpaul is offline

Default Washer - Whirlpool vs Kenmore

That is who makes Sears applicances.

1. If it's made by Whirlpool, why sell it under Sears Kenmore name?

The same, unless some special version in some model is made just for
the Sears account. Unlikely.

2. Is there a difference in quality between W. and K.?

Seems reasonable.

3. Sorry I don't have a model number, but the Whirlpool I was
looking at is about $395.

We have a Kenmore front-load washer. More $$$, but my wife loves it. We
had a Maytag last time around for 20+ years, but the word on the street
is that the quality has dropped. I think Whirlpool now owns Maytag, for
their upper-end stuff. Not sure about that.

After spending ages on-line trying to get comparative info, I'm more
confused than ever.

My service on Kenmore appliances has been fine. No complaints. Your
milage will vary...

Any voice-of-experience/repair professional advice out there?

I did the routing stuff -- belts, pumps, hoses on the Maytag. I think
servicing the side-load Kenmore may be a bit much myself.