Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default electrical panel upgrade

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:17:20 GMT, dkhedmo
wrote:

Me again, with the 50's ranch-on-a-slab. Electric panel needs an upgrade
and my plumber (the one who put in the pump and plumbing through the
attic) recommended an electrician who has come back with an excellent
price. He listed two options/prices: a 100 amp 20 circuit panel for
$965, or a 150 amp 30 circuit panel for $130 more.

We are currently running the basic household appliances, gas where
applicable. One tv, one computer and occasional laptop, misc. audio,
telephone, small stuff. Above ground pool. No AC right now, assume we'll
add that eventually. One or two window units until then.

Which way should we go?

-Karen-

Request a service Calc, per the NEC.

Then start from there.