Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default electrical panel upgrade

Currently, it would appear that you don't need more than the 100 amp,
however if you plan to install central a-c and other who knows what
equipment, I would opt for a larger service. IMHO, 150 amp services are as
useless as... The equipment necessary to increase to 200 amp costs only a
few dollars more, in fact you can get a 30 circuit or 20 circuit panel with
200 amp main breaker, although, I'd go with a full sized 40 circuit panel

"dkhedmo" wrote in message
k.net...
Me again, with the 50's ranch-on-a-slab. Electric panel needs an upgrade
and my plumber (the one who put in the pump and plumbing through the
attic) recommended an electrician who has come back with an excellent
price. He listed two options/prices: a 100 amp 20 circuit panel for $965,
or a 150 amp 30 circuit panel for $130 more.

We are currently running the basic household appliances, gas where
applicable. One tv, one computer and occasional laptop, misc. audio,
telephone, small stuff. Above ground pool. No AC right now, assume we'll
add that eventually. One or two window units until then.

Which way should we go?

-Karen-