Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Unpainted exterior stucco (after roof replacement)

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:01:09 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

an_Musicant wrote:
: I had my roof replaced last November. There was around 40 feet of
: stucco they removed and replaced (height of 8 inches) in order to
: install the flashing where the roof met stuccoed vertical walls on
: the second story. Some companies do a double layer of stucco, but my
: contractor did one.
:
: The contractor told me I should prime the new stucco after a month or
: two. I did some research and evidently you use a special primer for
: stucco. But people said you should paint after priming. So far, I've
: done neither. Rains will start in a few weeks, maybe a month, maybe
: longer I'm not ready to paint the whole house exterior (two story,
: 1925 square foot). Should I just prime and paint the unpainted stucco
: anyway (use some innocuous color topcoat, water based) in the mean
: time? Thanks for guidance.
:
: Dan
:
: I would say you have already waited too long.
How so? What should I do now?