Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default electrical panel upgrade

dkhedmo writes:
Me again, with the 50's ranch-on-a-slab. Electric panel needs an
upgrade and my plumber (the one who put in the pump and plumbing
through the attic) recommended an electrician who has come back with
an excellent price. He listed two options/prices: a 100 amp 20 circuit
panel for $965, or a 150 amp 30 circuit panel for $130 more.

We are currently running the basic household appliances, gas where
applicable. One tv, one computer and occasional laptop, misc. audio,
telephone, small stuff. Above ground pool. No AC right now, assume
we'll add that eventually. One or two window units until then.

Which way should we go?

Definitely 150amp. That incremental cost is peanuts vs ever facing
the need to bring someone out again to do a panel.

Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/