Posted to rec.woodworking
boorite boorite is offline

Default new table saw

J T wrote:

Interesting. I was able to "fine tune" my $60 HF bench saw with no
problem. Of course the fence takes a lot of fiddling to use accurately,
but by using a saw sled the saw is plenty accurae.

Huh! Apparently you haven't read all the posts saying you need to shell
out at least $800 (not including another few hundred on machinist tools
for setup-- mere pocket change when you think about it) for a saw that
is scarcely worthy for a stray dog to throw up on. Don't you know that
runout of just .4 paramecium nose hairs can cause impotence, sunspots,
and reversal of the Earth's magnetic polarity? Let's just pretend you
didn't even use the word "accurate" in the same sentence (or paragraph
or post or newsgroup or universe) as what I'll politely call the
HF-word. There could be children reading this.