Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Rope knot making a loop.

Perry Templeton wrote:
When I was a kid, my dad would make a "loop" in the end of our ropes.
This loop would be a handle. The diameter of the loop would
typically be 6 or 8 inches. He would "weave" the cut end of the rope
back into itself at the beginning of the loop. When he was done,
other than the thickness of the rope being larger, you couldn't tell
where the cut ends had been woven in. I've tried googling for an
answer, but I get so many hits, I can't wade through them all. Any
one understand what I'm describing and do you have a name for it, and
maybe an explanation on how to do it? Thanks.
Perry

I dunk the rope ends in a can of paint.