Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Mohnike J. Mohnike is offline

Default Why a hanger bolt on corner braces, rather than screws?

You may find out why when you get ready to move it and find it will not go
though the door with the legs on. It happened to me.
"Toller" wrote in message
I am building a large table and want to reinforce the legs/aprons with

metal
corner braces (there isn't room for wood).

They all show attaching to the legs with hanger bolts. That seems like a
lot of trouble; why not just use screws? I will never (hopefully) be

taking
it apart, which seems to be the only reason for the hanger bolts.

But, it is my first big table and maybe there is a good reason I am not
seeing. Thanks.