Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

Default Long lasting insecticide?

In article ,
says...
I have some crumbled spots in the concrete slab under my house. These
are at the edges where "tackless" strips used to be anchored. I'm
installing a floating floor now and want to patch the slab and prevent
insects from crawling in. Can anyone suggest a "permanent"
insecticide? In the old days we would have used chlordane but that has
been outlawed and is unavailable now.

Well the closest thing you will come to be permanent would be the
inorganics such as boric acid, silica gel, diatomaceous earth, but even
with those over time they will be covered with dust/and dirt and become
less effective. Placing them around the interior side of the foundation
may give you some aid.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS