Posted to alt.home.repair
Perry Templeton Perry Templeton is offline

Default Rope knot making a loop.

When I was a kid, my dad would make a "loop" in the end of our ropes. This
loop would be a handle. The diameter of the loop would typically be 6 or 8
inches. He would "weave" the cut end of the rope back into itself at the
beginning of the loop. When he was done, other than the thickness of the
rope being larger, you couldn't tell where the cut ends had been woven in.
I've tried googling for an answer, but I get so many hits, I can't wade
through them all. Any one understand what I'm describing and do you have a
name for it, and maybe an explanation on how to do it?
Thanks.
Perry