Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Unpainted exterior stucco (after roof replacement)

I had my roof replaced last November. There was around 40 feet of stucco
they removed and replaced (height of 8 inches) in order to install the
flashing where the roof met stuccoed vertical walls on the second story.
Some companies do a double layer of stucco, but my contractor did one.

The contractor told me I should prime the new stucco after a month or
two. I did some research and evidently you use a special primer for
stucco. But people said you should paint after priming. So far, I've
done neither. Rains will start in a few weeks, maybe a month, maybe
longer I'm not ready to paint the whole house exterior (two story, 1925
square foot). Should I just prime and paint the unpainted stucco anyway
(use some innocuous color topcoat, water based) in the mean time? Thanks
for guidance.

Dan