Gunner

Default Question To you HVAC folks

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:05:22 -0500, "Blake Loyd"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Ive got a problem with a water heater at work. This is a natural gas
unit used to boil water out of oil for reusing the oil

Turn off the gas, turn of the power, wire the solenoid directly to the
transformer, turn on the power. Does the solenoid hold in? If not it's a
bad transformer or solenoid. If it does your flame sensor is bad. My bet
is a bad winding in the solenoid or transformer that shorts or opens under
its own induced field.

Loyd

Blink blink..ok....Ill try that. Ill also try that with the gas on at
the appropriate time in the ignition cycle and see if the flame rod
ever stablizes or has a rectification.

I hate working with electrically operated natural gas devices that use
a 1" gas line. Ive lost my eyebrows more than once...

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"