Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

"CW"
Using the standard cut alignment mark on the sawplate, the position of the
kerf in relation to that mark would indicate what side of the plate is
supposed to be on the keeper piece. Assuming that a left blade saw is a
mirror image of a right blade saw, I would have to get used to it as I
would
constantly be cutting to the wrong side of the line. I do prefer the right
blade saw a it feels natural (as that is all I have used) and it forces me
to keep my hand away from the blade. Can't get to close due to the motor.

Nonsense, I have taught teenaged girls (house building in Mexico) to use the
wormdrive. They have no problem with it, In fact, after using it for hours
of cutting, the biggest problem they have is the boys coming over and
wanting to do the cutting for them.

The hardest part of teaching people to use the saw is keeping people from
holding the fall-off piece.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com