Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

H'mmm interesting. My experience with detail sanders was with a Ryobi
POS and it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth regarding detail
sanders. I felt guilty selling it for $5 at a garage sale.

Fein is a different world.

I'm at a loss to understand the usage of this in woodworking.

If you ever need to break a TiteBond II joint or lift a piece of
plastic laminate, a heat gun is essential.

I've got an anathema regarding battery powered saws. As indicated, I
want to replace my current Skil 7 1/4" circular saw with something a
little less, "flimsy".

I wasn't excited about mine when I got it as part of a kit, but the
little bugger surprised me.

Works very well for sheet goods.

A 1/2", right angle, 2 speed, corded drill to handle that collection
of hole saws.

I can see the utility. Kind of pricey for very limited usage though.

Agreed. Got mine as part of a barter.

Got those!

You never have too many clampsG.

Lew