Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
Using the standard cut alignment mark on the sawplate, the position of the
kerf in relation to that mark would indicate what side of the plate is
supposed to be on the keeper piece. Assuming that a left blade saw is a
mirror image of a right blade saw, I would have to get used to it as I
would
constantly be cutting to the wrong side of the line. I do prefer the right
blade saw a it feels natural (as that is all I have used) and it forces me
to keep my hand away from the blade. Can't get to close due to the motor.

Exactly, that too.

Actually all instruction manuals demonstrate that the circle saw should be
used with 2 hands, one on each handle. This becomes awkward if a right
handed person uses a left side saw and visa versa.