Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Silliest Way I Ever Spent 3 Hours

Steven Raphael said:

Looks like an excellent piece of work. it would be interesting to see more
of your work. Some people will pay good money for work of this quality. So
it is not nessesarily a silly way to spend 3 hours.

Thanks, Steven. It was a lark. I've only turned a few things ( 20).
The finial was supposed to be longer and more pointed, but the wood
wouldn't cooperate. The sandpaper turned it into ragged fibres. And
at these dimensions, 600 grit leaves canyon sized grooves.
Some other things are listed in chronological order he

http://www.thevideodoc.com/pwoodw2.htm

Like I said, an utter novice. Try as I may, I still get the
occasional catch that causes the gouge to run which then provokes
impromptu "design changes".

As for people paying money, well... this is ATL.
Most are too busy trying to take it away... :-\
Probably a pipe dream, but fits nicely with my generally bad attitude
towards "the man".

FWIW

"Greg G." wrote:
Watched a seminar by Cindy Drozda, and it prompted this sad attempt:

http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...niVessel01.jpg

Greg G.