Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default another Metal Roof Question....

wrote:
I have a small (18' x 24') mountian cabin with an alum. Metal roof.
This has begun to leak, and I'm destined, next week , to go and
re-pound the nails, and replace the loose ones with roofing
screews/washers.

What I am curious about is where in the roofing should the nails be
located??

The roofing has roughly the following profile

with a set of 'peaks' about 2 " from the edge. It would seem to make
sence to nail in the valley between peaks, but I have know clue, if
that is correct...

Any Ideas????

Thanks for your time...

Mike

Hi,
My cabin has steel panel roof. Screws with rubber washer is on the seams
where two overlapping panel meets. Nails? I thought that was no, no.