Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default I love the way Home Depot sucks!

On 27 Sep 2006 03:12:46 -0700, wrote:

as often as people get screwwed over by companies like this, a little
pay back isn't such a bad thing.

I wonder how often that is that people get screwed over.

For me, it's not really possible. I see what they have and how much
they want for it and if it's worth it, I buy it. If it doesn't work,
I"m sure they would take it back, but that's never happened. I return
lots of things because I decide I don't want them, and they've always
given me my money or a credit, which at hardware stores I have no
trouble using.

I suppose on special orders, if you say correctly what you want and
they mess it up, and won't believe you said something different, they
could take your money in advance for something you don't want. But
how often does that happen? Most of the time they get the order
right, and most of the time they don't, they'll redo it.

The only place that owes me payback is the furnace repair company that
replaced my fan motor and left it making the same noise, while saying
it was quieter. I didn't pay them and I expected to win when they
sued me (actually I was supposed to complain long before that and get
it resolved without court, but being depressed made that not happen
too), but I was busy or depressed and didn't show up, and they won.
And I paid. The collection department never even knew of the reason I
didn't pay. Years later the president said I should have complained
to him. Maybe that would have worked.

But taking advantage of a company is not justified because an
incompetent repairman at another company cost me money. To think
otherwise would be like saying if a mugger stole from me or beat me
up, I could pick someone else and steal from him or beat him up.

Empressess #124457