Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood A.M. Wood is offline

Default Really stoked tonight!

marc rosen wrote:
Tonight I finally got to use my new jointer (8 inch Delta, DJ-20) the
way it was intended. After egde jointing dozens short boards I needed
to egde joint a 12 foot oak board that I will use as a transition piece
from a tiled floor to the wood floor. I was a bit concerned that I
would mess it up but after a few passes with a minimal cut I got the
results I wanted. Nice square egde and very straight. The jointer
never wobbled (unlike my ancient Jet 6 inch that I replaced) Good tools
make it all so much more fun.

Marc

Yes they do. Unfortunately you can't convince folks that the garbage
they picked up at The Home Decrap isn't as good as a used piece of
quality equipment they could have purchased for about the same $$.